Student Wellbeing & Safeguarding
Success and its celebration is very important. There will be many opportunities for you to be praised and rewarded for achievement and other aspects of school life. An active rewards system is used to recognise exemplary behaviour, excellent dress, full attendance, hard work and involvement in school based activities.
You will be able to record your achievement rewards points in your planner. You will be given opportunities through your school life to take responsibilities in the school.
You have a very important role to play in the success of your school.
Communication with School
Should you or your parent/guardian have any concerns and need to contact the school, you should speak first to your tutor or the Head of Year. The school telephone number is 01372 468068 and someone should be available to take your call during school hours. Outside these times a telephone answering machine operates.
Alternatively you may email staff directly or via EduLink One.
Use this link to access our Trust Safeguarding Policy.
Sources of Support for You
If you, or someone you know, is struggling, there are a number of adults both at Esher High School and outside school who you could talk to.
Here's how you can access additional wellbeing support in school:
- Talk to an adult at home and they can contact school.
- Speak to your Tutor or Head of Year who will talk to the relevant member of staff.
- Speak with your Student Wellbeing Coordinator when you see them at break or lunch.
- Use the "request for support" mailbox in Student Services - just write down your name and tutor group on a slip of paper.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
We can also arrange for you to talk to our Student Counsellor or put you in touch with a Family Support Worker or a Community Mentor.
Don't struggle alone - we want to help.