Originally named Wayneflete School it opened in 1958 and then in 1985, through an amalgamation three local secondary schools; Wayneflete School, Bishop Fox School and St Andrew's School, was renamed Trinity School.
Subsequently, Trinity School was proudly renamed Esher Church of England High School in 2000, reflecting the close links with the Diocese of Guildford, whilst retaining its status as a Voluntary Controlled School.
Since 2000 Esher High School has seen many changes. In 2004 the school was designated specialist status as an Arts College and in 2007 a new Performing Arts Centre was opened by HRH Duke of Wessex. With significant improvements in exam results year on year, and following an 'outstanding' Ofsted judgement in 2009, Esher High School was awarded High Performing Specialist Status and designated a 'Leadership Partner School'.
In 2012 construction began on a new £2.5 million Sports Centre that was opened by HRH Duke of Kent in February 2013 but the journey for 'relentless improvement' for our students did not stop there. In 2014, as the result of a £9 million capital investment programme, a state of the art Science Block with nine laboratories and lecture theatre and a brand new Learning Resources Centre opened with a mezzanine level designed specifically for our Learning Development Department. Additional classrooms and administration facilities have also been added giving the school a brand new frontage.