Teacher of English and KS3 Coordinator
The English department is a collaborative team who are all passionate about seeing young people succeed in their subject. Their results at KS4 over the past 3 years have seen year on year improvements, due to the hard work and determination of staff and students alike in this area. We are looking for a like-minded individual who can add to this already thriving team.
We are looking for a successful Teacher of English with the initiative, drive and determination to teach KS3 and KS4 and who wants to contribute on our continued journey from good to great. We are ambitious to continue to move Esher High School forward and will welcome applications from an innovative teacher who is:-
- Passionate about English and able to inspire students.
- Able to demonstrate a positive and creative approach in the classroom.
- Committed to the continuous process of raising attainment with every child in their classroom and within the department.
- Willing to promote and contribute to a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Keen to share and promote the school’s vision of high standards and success for all.
A comprehensive induction programme is provided for all new staff and time to participate in lesson observations and learning walks. We are committed to continued professional development e.g. access to peer coaching, termly teaching and learning group meetings and bespoke personalised training
We welcome early applications and will consider holding interviews before the closing date for strong candidates.
Closing Date: Friday 26 April 9am
Interviews: Week of 2 May Interviews
MPR + Fringe + TLR 2a
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.