- Esher Day 2 0026
- You Are In:
- About Us
ELT is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) created following the conversion of Esher High School to Academy Status on 1st March 2014. As a Trust, ELT aims to develop a vibrant partnership of non-selective primary and secondary schools, all united in one goal to provide the best possible learning experience and environment not only for our current children but also for the next generation of pupils.
ELT has a strong record of working collaboratively with schools across all phases and we have seen the benefits of this approach to all those involved. This is highlighted through our work with a range of strategic alliances with Good and Outstanding schools (e.g. ECM cluster of schools, STSN, Teach Surrey), supporting our belief that more formal collaboration is a critical strategy to the future of education in the UK. This is particularly significant as we move more towards a school led system locally, regionally and nationally.
There are significant benefits to forming a MAT:
- Academies can aid partner academies to be mutually supportive in raising attainment.
- Share knowledge and good practice.
- Enable economies of scale to be obtained in procurement of goods and services.
- The MAT is the employer of all staff which allows far more flexibility in the use of staff and opens up opportunities for more progressive Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for staff.
Studies have shown that there is already evidence demonstrating positive MAT outputs:
- Improved recruitment and retention of staff
- Improved qualities of leadership
- Creative leadership/management
- Increased quality of specialist support
- Enhanced opportunities for CPD
- Wider range of curriculum opportunities for pupils
- Improved capacity to provide extended services
Research results show evidence that formal collaborative arrangements create a climate for innovation which leads to the discovery of new solutions to established problems.
A register of business and pecuniary interests can be found here: http://www.esherlearningtrust.co.uk/uploads/document/2_232_register-of-elt-and-ehs-trustees-and-governors.pdf