Terms and Conditions
Esher Learning Trust trading as Esher High School
Terms and Conditions for Use of the School Premises
1. In the event of a cancellation or any variation to the booking a minimum of two weeks’ notice is required. Any cancellation or variation to the booking of less than two weeks will attract a cancellation fee or the hire charge at the full rate.
2. Payment is required at least 7 days prior to the booked date (unless separate arrangements have been made) – payment can be made by cheque to Esher C of E High School or by BACS to Lloyds Bank sort code: 30-94-77 account number 65307968 quoting your name and invoice number.
3. The School Management and Governing Body reserve the right to terminate this agreement should charges not be settled within the agreed terms.
4. The hirer shall pay to the school the cost of repair or replacement resulting from any loss or damage arising from the hiring however caused or of whatever nature to the school premises and all equipment or property thereon (whether provided by the school or any other body or person). Hirers shall ensure they have a policy of insurance to cover such liability up to at least £5 million (amount as advised by the school’s insurers) and shall provide a copy of the policy for school records.
5. Alcohol may only be brought onto the school premises with the Head teacher’s approval. This must be obtained in advanced of the letting by submitting a written request to the Head teacher. Where a licence for the sale of alcohol is necessary, this is the sole responsibility of the hirer and must be produced in advance of the letting.
6. The hirer will be greeted on arrival by the duty caretaker and be shown to the area/facilities that the hirer has booked. Hirer should not enter any other parts of the school and will have access only to the particular room(s) let to them, including where it is practicable the use of a cloakroom and toilet accommodation.
7. The duty caretaker will not always remain on site unless separate arrangements have been agreed and should only be contacted in an emergency.
8. If in attendance, the school’s caretaking staff will give reasonable assistance, within the terms of their employment, to hirers. Where the hirer provides additional personnel to prepare for a letting, these personnel shall be subject to the general direction and control of the caretaking staff
9. The facility will be left clean and in good order and will be vacated no later than the time booked. The school reserves the right to charge the hirer if any additional costs incurred due to the late vacation of premises or if premises not left in a satisfactory condition for use by the School.
10. Food and drink may only be consumed in areas agreed in advance when booking. In certain areas of the school food and drink is forbidden e.g. the Performing Arts Theatre, Sports Hall and ICT rooms.
11. A hirer must agree to follow the school emergency evacuation procedures and to maintain an accurate list of event participants to use in even of an emergency.
12. A hirer must not sub-let to another party.
13. A hirer must not facilitate access to the school premises for any person who is not associated with the hirer’s group or club.
14. Hirers must remain on site until the caretaker returns to lock the premises at the end of the time stated on the booking form.
15. No preparations or fixings are to be applied to the floor, walls, doors or windows or to any of the equipment made available by the School.
16. The use of dry ice and pyrotechnics is not permitted as these will activate the fire alarm.
17. Electrical and technical equipment must not be used without prior arrangement with the school. This includes the use of the integral sound and lighting systems, projector and screen in the studio and sports equipment. Use of electrical and technical equipment may incur an additional cost
18. Seating accommodation in the room booked may be used, but the hirer must make their own arrangements for any additional chairs, tables etc required for the letting, and for removing them before the School re-opens on the following day.
19. In the case of lettings for music, singing, dancing or stage plays, the entertainment must be for a closed organisation such as a society or club or by invitation only. Note: All other entertainments are classified as public. Any proposals to use the School for a public entertainment must be discussed with the School’s Bursar.
20. There must be no infringement of copyright, and in the case of musical entertainment the requirements of the Performing Right Society must be fulfilled.
21. Before approving any letting for the exhibition of pictures involving the use of films or television, enquiries should be made to the Bursar as to whether the exhibition is exempted from, or requires, a licence under the provisions of the Cinemas Act 1985 or any statutory modifications thereof.
22. A hirer must not use the premises in a manner which is likely to cause disturbance e.g. noise or distress to any other hirer, staff or students of the School or to the occupiers of properties neighbouring the School.
23. The School operates a No Smoking Policy on site and the hirer shall ensure that this Policy is observed by all persons associated with the group/club.
24. Any dispute on the use of school facilities or school equipment out of normal school hours shall be settled by the School Management or Governing Body.
25. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects hirers and their representatives to share this commitment. The school require that all hirers involving groups/events working with children provide evidence that appropriate safeguarding measures are in place. The school reserves the right to remove from site any persons whom the school has concerns relating to their conduct.
26. The school reserves the right to see the hirers risk assessment policy and/or risk assessment procedures for the event for which the hiring of venue has been booked.
27. Power of Revocation
(a) The Governors reserve the right to revoke without notice any contract for the hire of the school premises.
(b) The School Management and Governing Body reserve the right to terminate this agreement should charges not be settled in accordance with Clause 2 above.
(c) The Governors, or any employee of the school so authorised, are empowered to withdraw, without notice, permission to use school playing fields when such playing fields are unfit for use.